An allergic reaction is an abnormal response by a hyperactive immune system. While the immune system usually protects against harmful organisms (bacteria, viruses, molds, etc.), it can perceive a generally harmless substance to be harmful and react to it by releasing histamine, the principal inflammatory mediator in allergic reactions. The release of histamine then can cause several physiological reactions to occur inside the body, thus causing the allergic reaction. Allergic rhinitis is a specific type of allergic reaction caused by a variety of allergens (including dust, mold, pollen, pets, food, etc.), is often characterized by nasal congestion, sneezing and sinus infections. It can occur seasonally or on a constant basis. Risk factors for allergies include: exposure to one or more allergens, genetic susceptibility, a history of repetitive antibiotics, frequent use of steroids, prolonged chemical exposure and abuse of tobacco, alcohol or drugs.
Allergy Factors is a synergistic blend of vitamins, plant extracts, minerals and herbal medicines that are designed to help alleviate the symptoms of allergies, including allergic rhinitis.
- Vitamin C has shown in some studies to prevent the production of histamine, a major component in the allergic response (swelling, inflammation and pain.) In addition, decreased blood levels of Vitamin C have been linked to increased amounts of histamine in the blood.
- Probiotics such as Lactobacillus acidophilus provide “friendly flora” to the gastrointestinal system, which can have important immune and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Pantothenic acid(Vitamin B-5) has been used to aid in alleviating nasal congestion, especially
during an allergic reaction
- Quercetin, and lemon bioflavonoids are potent antioxidants that have anti-inflammatory properties. Quercetin has also shown to prevent the production of histamine. It can naturally help to dilate the bronchial and nasal passages in allergic reactions and asthma.
- Derived from the lower stems of the pineapple plant, bromelain is a proteolytic enzyme that also has anti-inflammatory properties that can be beneficial for the alleviation of allergy symptoms. Papain derived from papaya fruit, is also an important enzyme with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Silymarin, a potent constituent of milk thistle, has shown to have both liver protective and anti-inflammatory properties.
- Sage and Nettles are herbs used traditionally for their supportive roles in inflammation and respiratory health.
2 Capsules Contain:
Vitamin C(as ascorbic acid) 250 mg
Pantothenic Acid 250 mg
(as calcium pantothenate)
Lactobacillus acidophilus 1 Billion CFU
Bromelain 5,000 mcu
Milk thistle (fruit) 200 mg
Quercetin dehydrate 100 mg
Bioflavonoid Lemon powder 50 mg
Nettles (leaf) 20 mg
Sage (leaf) 20 mg
Papain 10 mg
What are the Custom Formulas?
The custom formulas, formulated by Dr. Gallagher, all contain USP ingredients. They were specifically designed to correct nutritional deficiencies, without having to take multiple individual formulas. Thousands of patients have successfully used the custom formulas to overcome their health problems with excellent results. These same formulas, once only available to Dr. Gallagher’s patients in his private practice, are now available to the general public.
Many of Dr. Gallagher’s drugless prescription protocols can be found in his best selling book, Dr. Gallagher’s Guide to 21st Century Medicine.